As a man and a women you could expand your orgasms much more than you are experiencing right now. As I am aware the strongest orgasms have been when I alter my breathing; teaching this to a partner could be more complex but with patience and guidance it could be very powerful. This is taught in Tantra as well in Kama Sutra it just requires conscious focus on breathing thru the nose or the mouth and depending when you use it the effects will vary. There is four type of breaths which I will separate into two posts so in essence two here and two in the next one.
“Breathe through your mouth while you are learning each breath (except for the breath of fire, which is always done through the nose). When you become familiar with the breathes, you can experiment with nose versus mouth breathing.”
The Bottom Breathing
Practice for five to ten minutes
“Bottom breathing is a gentle, easy way to calm you down and open up your senses. It’s the ideal breath to use when you want to move out of the busy or stressful state of doing into the easy, relaxed awareness of being.”
- “Sit on the floor with your legs crossed (or on a hardback chair with your feet flat on the floor) and your spine straight. With your hands, pull the fleshy part of your buttocks aside so that you are sitting on your sit bones. (once you learn the breath you can do it in any position.)
- “Begin by exhaling all the air out of your lungs.”
- “Then, as you inhale, very gently push out on the anal sphincter. Imagine that your anus can “Kiss” the floor or the seat of the chair.”
- “On the exhale, don’t do anything. Don’t contract your anus, don’t hold it; don’t push. Do nothing just let it go.
Keep repeating and you will start to feel your body start tingling. This isn’t easy and requires practice as with anything else. One way to implement this while having intercourse or receiving oral is to start breathing into your mouth relaxed; then let go. Reaching orgasm will require more time but the explosive feeling is worth the wait. Be aware that orgasm is a state of mind and feeling while ejaculation is the release of a fluid.
The Circular Breathe
“The essence of the circular breath is breathing in a continuous flow, with no break or pause between the inhale and the exhale. The inhale flows effortlessly into the exhale, which flows seamlessly into the next inhale. You can do this breath sitting, standing, or lying down.” You could imagine this breathe as when you are jogging and breathing into and out of your mouth. As well when intercourse is rough and animatistic is thru the mouth that vocal and breathing is done.
- “Breathe gently through your mouth, keeping your jaw relaxed and your lips slightly parted.”
- “Feel the back of your throat open and relax. Do not force or push the breath. The inhale will require a bit more effort than the exhale, which should just gently fall out.”
- “Imagine your breath making a complete unbroken circle.”
” This breathe is particularly useful for circulating erotic energy around your own body and between yourself and your partners. It builds and moves energy, and it intensifies feelings both emotional and physical”.
For men who desire to not ejaculate which is releasing semen you could consciously breathe thru your nose slowly. Inhale then relax and exhale; this will slow everything down and its practiced while meditating. Which will lower your arousal level, but you will be able to have self-control while being able to sensuously enjoy the person you are with for longer periods of time.
Carrellas, Barbara. Urban Tantra: Sacred Sex for the Twenty-first Century. Celestial Arts, 2007